assignr.com will generate text messages for:
- Last minute game and assignment changes for games occurring in the next 24 hours, and
- Game reminders.
If you want to enable SMS text messaging, you will need to add your cell phone information to your user profile.
- Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen. (or click here)
- Click the Edit link.
- In the Phone section, add your mobile phone number. (if it is not already populated.)
- Choose your cell phone provider from the drop-down list.
- If you want to block delivery of SMS messages during certain hours, (for example, between 11PM and 8AM) change the SMS Block Start and End times.
- Click Update. You will be directed back to your profile page.
- Next to your mobile phone number, click the Enable Text Messaging link.
- If you are prompted to choose your mobile carrier, select your carrier from the list and click Verify.
- You will be sent a text message with a confirmation number. Enter this confirmation number in the box labeled Verification Number and click Verify.
Keep in mind that you are responsible for any text messaging fees charged to you by your mobile phone carrier.