The availability calendar defaults to NOT available. Officials must login to assignr.com to enter their availability. Once an official has entered availability, assignr.com displays conflict-related information on the assign drop-down box. An official who is not able to work a specific age group will have an "D" next to their name, indicating the official has a date conflict with the specific game. While assigning games, additional conflict codes will appear in the drop down key when you hover your mouse over the word "Conflicts."
NOTE: Conflict codes are advisory. The assignor can override the conflict and assign the official as required.
To communicate availability to the assignor, an official must enter availability on their assignr.com availability calendar. As an official, you are automatically assumed to be not available, unless you have explicitly declared yourself available for a given day.
On the availability screen:
- indicates you are available all day.
- indicates you are not available at all on the given day.
- indicates you are available for part of a day.
Availability can be entered in several ways:
- Click the calendar. Note that the underlined links in each calendar day are "action" verbs. Click the "Allow" or "Block" links on the calendar to change available/not available status on a specific day:
- Add one date. The Create New Date box at the bottom of the screen allow you to add a single date with a specific start and end time. The Time drop-down box allows you to specify that you are available in the morning (6:00 AM until Noon), in the afternoon (Noon until 4:00 PM), in the evening (4:00 PM until 11:00 PM), all day, or specify a time range of your own.
- Add multiple dates. You can also add multiple dates at once by using the Create New Date box. Just change the "I am available on" box from On to Every. You can then specify a range of dates.
Here is a short video that shows how this works: